View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #568
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thanks hon.
You and Dani are my lifelines as ever, especially in terms of emotional support and practical advice.

If I won the Lottery tomorrow (yes, my age-old refrain) I'd stay in Aylesbury. I love being near the 'rents as it happens. Even if I only had enough to live mortgage/ rent free then I'd stay in my little supermarket job quite happily, griping about Bakery and lack of communication from Managers and playing the Who Had the Stupidest Customer game (which I win because I made the game up OF COURSE).

I can cope with a provincial town.
I can live with a low salary, although you wouldn't get me turning down a pay rise...
But right here and right now I can't afford to. Not long term and keeping my sanity.

So I'm going back to the Doctors next week to explain my situation - re currently being under stress - and see if I can get them to give me an upgrade on my anxiety meds, and a couple of months for good measure, while my pre-pay card is valid.

Luckily I never told any healthcare professionals about my suicide attempt the other week, so there shouldn't be a reason for them not to allow me tablets. Not that I would try with those meds anyway, I looked them up and it's almost impossible, but GPs get funny about things like that.

I've asked at work about the way internal transfers are handled.
Our new Manager said if I told him which store I wanted to transfer to he would make enquiries for me. Might be a potential route to take. Need to look at how far out I'd have to live to make it viable re transport costs etc.

Maybe I could even talk the 'rents into helping me get a scooter. I've always dreamed of one.
Totally impractical of course, where would I put the bales of hay?

Oh, Mum said she whiled away some time online this afternoon waiting for the hospital to call back (Dad's in for routine investigation and they've kept him overnight). Looking at places in Leeds, Bradford, Halifax etc for me. And the Universities and hospitals for jobs. When I say she'd happily help me relocate I do mean it. This isn't me going cap in hand and begging for money. She'd far rather I moved away (well you gotta appreciate that, right?) than scratched a bare living here and end up back in a Mental Health unit.