View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Here's an idea? What if we used our DEFENSIVE American military for it's intended purpose which is only to defend American soil and not for starting unprovoked wars with non-threatening countries? What if our military wasn't spread out all over the globe like the Roman Empire as a show of imperialistic force for intimidation? What if we didn't make enemies all over the world through our unconstitutional military interventionism?

Cutbacks in the military are the right thing to do. That doesn't mean cutting pay, it means cutting positions. We need to close every single American military base outside of America. I'm sure we'd have plenty of full-time volunteer servicemen to DEFEND America from attacks. Reservists would hardly be needed let alone activated.

The problem is George W. Bush doesn't read too well. Anyone who has watched him struggle with a teleprompter knows this. Perhaps when he was told the U.S. Military was for defending...

AMERICAN SOIL

he thought it was supposed to be used to defend....

AMERICAN'S OIL