View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #307
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Precisely

And that is part of what makes it dramatic. On Saturday a young lady came in wanting to sell us her 42" Visio TV. I hooked it up to the cable and plugged it in. While I walked around to the other side, our cable comes winding back at me. Turns out the cable connector came off the TV.

Well this is tense, because now I can be accused of breaking it. Many ghetto people will grasp onto whatever they can to try to gain some advantage. Luckily Sammy went out and examined the part. He noticed that there was glue on the end of the part. Someone had broken it off and just glued the part back in place instead of actually repairing it.

The advantage of knowledge. Did she know it was broken and so wanted to off-load it to us? Because when we found the glue, the advantage flipped! Sammy asked her, pleasantly enough, whether she knew about this issue. She claimed that she'd bought the TV second-hand (Manufacture Date: Feb 2012) and was unaware of the problem.

To make the story more complicated, when the woman walked in with the TV, another customer tried to poach the deal, by being all interested, asking if she wanted to sell it to him, and kinda waiting to find out how our offer went down. This is something we don't allow, and we kicked the guy out. But on the way out, he told her that he'd be outside.

She left with her TV, cable connector in her pocket. We watched her leave from the video cameras we have trained on the street. We don't think she found the guy outside. Ghetto people, they don't have time to wait the 10 minutes for all this to go down. They got stuff to do on a Saturday.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote