View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #566
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm seriously considering relocating.
Again.
But I have nothing to live for right now, and can't afford to live here (Aylesbury) so it might save my life for a while.

Halifax, Dani suggests.
Bradford also a possibility as a (rival) supermarket has their Head Office there.
Unlikely to be able to stay with the company I work for, just because they follow the money ie the places they have branches have property prices out of my range.

Wages will be lower if I move North, but the wage to rent ratio would still be far easier to live on. Rent here is grossly inflated by being technically within commuter range of London. It's a trek - and an expensive one - but my bro does it after all. And there's been a ripple effect outwards from previous commuter towns.

I shouldn't complain - Ste & E will pay off their mortgage in the next few years so will be sitting pretty, and the inflated market is what will fund the 'rents for the rest of their life; they bought at £18k and will sell at over £170k. Good for them, they sacrificed a lot early on and have provided a haven for me for the last few years.

So.
Basically Mum & Dad will help me move financially. Not even as a loan, although I'd do everything I could to pay them back when I am settled - up front fees like bonds, moving costs, deposits, acting as a guarantor, travel costs for scouting for properties/ jobs etc.

But.
I really do need to have a job in place first.
And jobsies is hard to come by.
And I already have one I really enjoy (apart from Thursdays, and even that is getting easier, if not actually enjoyable).
And it's all going to be SO tight, time wise, because the 'rents can't bankroll me (loan me) really until their house sale goes through, but the money will literally go into their account on the day the keys are exchanged. The day Cherry is literally homeless.

Argh.

But if this is the path I choose, it's one Mum is really, really keen on.
And if she has to borrow to make it happen she will, in the full and certain knowledge that she has money coming in.
And although she brushes off my assurances that costs and rent and admin fees and all will be paid back, I really would.

Oh, just for comparison - I can rent a room in someone else's house for £400pcm in Aylesbury. I can rent a one bedroom flat in Bradford for £295.