View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 09:39 PM   #157
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

We must have an enemy, eh? Or are you not human?

Does the virus "win" by getting into my body and reproducing? That's what the very senior Whitehouse official's win is like. He's a parasite. One that is dangerous and well worth paying attention to, but he lives entirely off the host. As part of the informed citizenry that is the foundation of our republic, I can not help but pay attention to him. But that attention is not "winning", unless that's important for you to maintain so we can further this conversation. If so, yeah, winning.

This oxygen here, it's mine, I'm not stealing it. I'm using it to fuel the fires that light up his corruption, his incompetence. I don't oppose a point just because it comes from a highly placed source in the Whitehouse. I do compare it to other pertinent factors, including the "emotional appeal" of the presentation, the facts from other sources I trust, previous statements by the same official, etc. The net result will guide my reaction. Maybe that's just another day in my bubble. Maybe it's me trying to be the best citizen, adult, friend, person I can be. Those things probably overlap. Maybe I lose stock with you by my cheap shots, like the remark about the absence of the hydrochloroquine mentions--that's fair. They're cheap because they're easy. And man, is he an easy target.

But I'm all the way done with letting him slide on shit. You can go back and check the title of the thread for confirmation. Loyal to my country, opposed to the current officeholder.