Thread: Confession Time
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #368
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I don't think Jim is being led by his dick. That had nothing to do with what my post was about.

My perspective is that he's trying to be more understanding of other people's faults, and I think that's a good thing. We could all do that once in a while. none of us are perfect.

Don't get all huffy monster. Things were just getting better between us.

C'mere...give us a kiss.
I really should have only quoted the last sentence of your post. The rest is irrelevant to mine. Understanding people's fault is fine. Excusing them just because we understand them... not so much. ymmv.

I'm a mom. I'm not alone in this. Many dwellars will know this feeling. I try to be momma bear for my kids, because that's my job, but I am sometimes amazed by how much other moms will defend and excuse their kids' totally unacceptable behaviour. Like momma bear gone bad. I just can't momma bear to that level. if my kid does something bad (and this is not hypothetical) I will be there for them and defend them to the best of my ability, but i will never lie and say they were innocent when they were not. That to me feels the same as saying, OK, we understand the faults, so let's excuse them and carry on as normal.

Huffy? Nope. It really isn't worth the effort it would take me. Disappointed? Yup.