View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 01:13 AM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
I will share with the viewers of this thread that I have a beloved thermos collection. Ever since I heard Steve Martin sweetly sing"...I'm picking out a thermos for you, no ordinary thermos will do..." I specialize in early alluminum bodies, and vintage plaids.
I have long been without a thermos, but have often wanted a decent one ... but most of the thermoses (thermii?) that I've found hold about 16 ounces max .... I need one of them badboys that will hold an entire pot of coffee. (I firmly believe that coffee should be sold by the keg.)

Travel mugs I've got plenty of, on the other hand ... not a collection, just a damn bunch. Every time you turn around, somebody's handing you a free travel mug. amazon.com, drug companies (I have numerous antidepressant and antipsychotic mugs in a variety of styles and colors), minimarts (many of which don't fit well in cupholders), conferences, etc. I even have a couple souvenier ones, from museums and stuff. I do like the steel ones, but you can't renuke you coffee in those, so I don't take them to work much.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote