View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #87
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

For those of you who remember this thread and the stuff I brought up here (as well as the website from prison entries...) you may remember that I told you his lawyer contacted me in regards to whether or not he was sexually abused as a child, and I told her no, but he abused his cousins. I wondered aloud (here) what he was up to.

I found out:

This is edited for content....

Quote:
FILED: February 21, 2001
IN THE COURT OF APPEALS OF THE STATE OF OREGON

TRAVIS D. PETERSEN,
Appellant,

v.

JOAN PALMATEER,
Superintendent,
Oregon State Penitentiary,

Respondent.
(97C-12551; CA A108297)

Appeal from Circuit Court, Marion County.
Don A. Dickey, Judge.
Argued and submitted December 7, 2000.
---
Petitioner appeals from a judgment denying his claims for post-conviction relief. He asserts that the post-conviction trial court erred in receiving evidence, consisting of his former attorney's affidavit and indigent defense billing records, that was shielded from disclosure by the attorney-client privilege. (1) We review for errors of law, ORS 138.220, and affirm.

In 1995, petitioner was charged with aggravated murder and several other offenses arising from a 1992 homicide. Under a plea agreement, petitioner pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated murder and was sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. ORS 163.105. After his conviction, petitioner filed this petition for post-conviction relief, alleging that his trial counsel (counsel) provided him with constitutionally inadequate representation. Among other claims, petitioner alleged that counsel (1) did not conduct an adequate investigation because he failed to ascertain the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident and failed to determine if petitioner suffered from a mental disease or defect, which would have been a defense to the crimes with which petitioner originally was charged; (2) allowed petitioner to approve an illegal sentence in the plea agreement; (3) failed to inform petitioner that, as a consequence of his guilty plea, he could not appeal his conviction; (4) failed to ensure that all of the conditions of the plea agreement were put into writing, specifically an alleged agreement whereby the district attorney's office agreed not to prosecute petitioner's spouse in exchange for petitioner's guilty plea; and (5) coerced petitioner into a guilty plea that was not freely, voluntarily, and intelligently made.
---
The short version is that they tested him, he's not crazy, and his lawyer did a well enough job, and so they denied his appeal.

So that little letter from the lawyer was to help establish he was mental. What bullshit. They wanted me, the person he beat and raped and abused, to give them information to help him get out of prison?????

You gotta be kidding me.

Just keeping you updated.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote