View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

You're counting yourself out of the picture in 10-20 years? I think you should be a little more optimistic on your own chances there Bruce.

I could definately go for the meta brain enhancements though, that's for sure. I'd make good use of it with the second-best feature, the internal comunication network upgrade.

Quote:
Whole-body communications navigation grid with one communicyte (cell) stationed every 100 microns apart in the tissue, providing 60 billon communicytes with a peak power consumption of 60 watts.

1,000,000 terabit/sec optical backbone (one billion times more capacity than a human spinal cord).

Exquisite conscious perception of internal physical states, including spatial orientation, hormone levels, neural firing patterns.
Neuromuscular control allows you to use thumb and forefinger as calipers, measuring distance to micrometers. In-vivo fiber optic communications backbone running from head to toe with a transmission capacity of 1018 bits/sec., linked to distributed extra neural tissue, giving a total of 1023 bits of information (about 60,000 times the sum total of all 20th Century human knowledge).
Undoubtably the most impressive expansion of the human body in history. I'll give you a discount on it when we figure out how to get this baby past the FDA