View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #56
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
Is anyone else having fun watching Sondland and President Trump throw each other under the bus?
Gordon Sondland under cross:
Quote:
. . . devastating cross-examination by Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio:

Question: If you pull up CNN today, right now, their banner says “Sondland ties Trump to withholding aid.” Is that your testimony today, Ambassador Sondland? Because I don’t think you’re saying that.

Sondland: I’ve said repeatedly, congressman, I was presuming.

Question: So no one heard. Not just the president. Giuliani didn’t tell you. Mulvaney didn’t tell you. Nobody. Pompeo didn’t tell you. Nobody else on this planet told you that Donald Trump was tying aid to these investigations. Is that correct?

Sondland: I think I already testified.

Question: No, answer the question. No one on this planet told you that Donald Trump was tying this aid to the investigation? Because if your answer is yes, then the chairman is wrong. And the headline on CNN is wrong. No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?

Sondland: Yes.

Question: So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.

Sondland: Other than my own presumption.
"Other than my own presumption." The newspaper and network sites are full of this conversation.