View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #213
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Engineer View Post
I'm confused as to where your references to CO2 keep coming from. I mentioned NO2 (nitrous oxide) in my post as one possibility of sedation in the case of a violent inmate.
I suppose I did leave a logic gap between my two posts. The first was a description of something we could implement with current technology levels that directly addressed a short list of specific issues within the current system, but certainly not all. The second was a look at the far future with technology that won't be viable for another 20-40 years. I also should have clarified the specific use of storage type prisons. I can't realistically see it being the best option except in cases like extremely high risk or violent offenders who are serving very long sentences. If someone is serving 40-life then no matter what you do, by the time they step back onto the street (if ever) they will know nothing but prison life and society no matter what you try to teach them inside. Rehabilitation is essentially pointless there.

Ooooh. It's not as as bad as I thought..........Just Nitrous. Nitrous good- rehabilitation pointless......
9th, where were you when I was 19?!?
lol!!!
Ya know what? Where did CO2 come from? I am kind of busy- sorry 9th sometimes I'm a skimmer....

Rehabilitation runs deeper than current fads and trends...you can be rehabilitated and not know jack about myspace. It's the difference between learning how to use a computer and stealing one. I wouldn't ever say rehabilitation is ever pointless for anyone.
That includes myself.....using the true definition rehabilitation I'm sure there are things even I could use rehabilitation for.

I still don't think your pods would serve a purpose. I think it's cruel, unusual, and pointless. Yes, again, like a futuristic Iron Maiden. Just because the scars are psychological doesn't make them scars any less.

Last edited by Cicero; 09-12-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote