View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #7
marichiko

I see little good coming out of the next 4 years. I agree with the poster who predicted that the religous right will infiltrate both our schools and our courts. I see continued clashes with the Mid East and further terrorism - possibly even another attack on the scale of 9/11. The disparity between the wealthiest 1 or 2% in the US and those living in poverty will continue to grow. One million Americans will lose their housing and end up in institutions, homeless shelters, or on the streets. I think future historians will trace the beginning of the decline and fall of the American Empire to the regime of George Jr. A nation which does not take care of its own people can only fall. I think I'm going to go be sick now.

PS Just checked the spot gold prices - up $5.00/oz today with 27 minutes to go until market close! Gold now stands at $429.00/oz - up $45.00 from what it was just a few months ago. Historically, when people begin to loose faith in global and national stability and in times of economic downturn, they begin to buy gold. I've been following the gold prices for a while now and a $5.00/oz price jump in one day is pretty remarkable - even for the volatile gold spot market. It would seem that I am not alone in my pessimism.

Last edited by marichiko; 11-04-2004 at 12:09 PM.