View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #22
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
Awww, you have a possum! I've always wanted a squirrel that was a little bit more of a pet than an appreciative backyard resident. I've got rats that I've trained to ride around on my shoulder. I figure a squirrel would be more apt to do it naturally, what with the branch perching and setting on tree trunks like they were flat ground.
I knew someone who had a squirrel. They found it when it was a day old, something like the mom had gotten run over or something. They bottle fed it and so it was a pretty tame pet. It was cool how it would climb up them like they were a tree.

I always wanted a pet skunk. I think it would be cool to have guests over who don't know you have a skunk. Then have the skunk walk into the living room and freak everyone out. Way cool. But I guess even if they are desented they still have a skunky smell so I am not sure I could stand to have one as a pet.

I had a couple bad run ins with some wild opossums so they are not my favorite but have never seen a short tailed one. Do you have a picture you can post?