Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #376
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Tonight for the first time (in this chapter) I feel like I have my shit in one sock.

I've completed two weeks worth of unemployment claims, though I haven't been paid for any of them, so I feel like I have a little rhythm for that process. And I have seventeen postings to apply for first thing in the morning. I have a cover letter I've been happy with in the past, updated with current dates and details.

And importantly I've successfully bludgeoned my twin demons of perfectionism and completism into submission. I can, I HAVE, submitted applications that were imperfect and incomplete, so fuck you self destructive inner voice!

I will crank out some more in the morning, and improve on the product ON THE WAY, AS I GO..

Yes, I shout at myself sometimes.
^^^
this was Monday.

^^^
this was Tuesday.

Today was *one* application submitted. Computer problems, o so many computer problems, just... eliminated my momentum.

But! I have now overcome (this most recent wave of) them, so tomorrow... we'll see. Of the previously noted seventeen, I eliminated three off the top--really not qualified. And in another spasm of seeking found another fourteen, one of which has been:

Application Submitted!
Successfully submitted on 2/05/2020 at 9:17 PM Pacific
You can check the status of this application by visiting "Applications" in the main menu bar.

Good night all.