Thread: Hogzilla
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #39
lizzymahoney
Major Inhabitant

This doesn't surprise me either. I'm not generally into hunting for sport, but wouldn't a pig raised on a farm be considerably more docile and approachable? I know that farm pigs can easily kill the unwary, and that some have nasty dispositions. I'm just having trouble accepting that these people and the 11 year old kid didn't know the pig was an easy mark.

I also understand that 'easy mark' is relative. Something this size would not come down easy.

One thing that has been bothering me since I first heard about this particular beast's felling by a pre-teen is how do we know Dad didn't take any shots? Yeah, it's huge, but would it be as big a deal if an adult felled it?

It's just a human interest story. As such, it strikes me as a bit of a tall tale. Now why would I think that? It's believable to me that a kid could hunt big game with skills comparable to an adult's. When it makes the news, it's probably adults pushing it forward. As far as what they would have to gain, most people love being in the newspaper.
lizzymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote