Thread: The Grudge
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #15
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

I watched the Grudge and didn't find it all that scary. I thought it borrowed from the Ring wayyyy too much. The look of the ghost, the way the ghost haunted and killed its victims, etc. It had moments, though. I also thought Sara Michelle Gellar was in a little over her head acting-wise and thought it was interesting (and even admirable) that they didn't even think about using her as T&A bait. She tried to play a serious part but I don't think she's up to it.

And I don't know how anyone can watch the Ring and not be scared at least just a little. The tension in that movie was unbearable at points. The idea that, no matter where you were, that "thing" could still get to you was a pretty cool idea.

The Ring II is coming out in the Spring but, it seemed to me, they pretty much played out their hand (took the story about as far as it was meant to go) in the first movie so I'm on "wait-n-see" mode till it has been out for a few weeks.

Has anyone seen "Saw" yet? I was all pumped up to see it but the word-of-mouth is that its not that good. What's the word??