Thread: Brazil
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

It was a lot of fun. Everyone I talked to was really nice and understanding of my limited Portuguese, the food was amazing, and it was extremely interesting to see the cultural and infrastructure differences. Sao Paulo is HUGE, bigger than New York, and traffic was horrible but it was a lot of fun to walk through. I drank a lot of fruit juices and all the bread you eat was literally made less than 24 hours prior. If anyone gets a chance, I would strongly recommend it, however, it is a place where you have to be careful as a tourist. I was lucky to be constantly surrounded by Brazilians but I did have to change my dress and behavior in certain areas to avoid attracting attention (hence no pictures of certain regions). As can be seen, I do not look like a Brazilian at all.

The sun did kick my ass though. I wore SPF 50 and still got burnt pretty bad. Still worth it. And NOTHING is more refreshing than drinking a coconut in 90 degree heat. Nothing. Plus, the scenery on the beach was excellent in multiple ways. Not that I was looking...

I do want to go again and next time I should know more Portuguese.