View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
Nirvana
Back in 10

Your "grass fed steaks" are not tough and stringy because you admitted that they are not really all grass fed. They get grains as well just not corn.

If you are implying I don't know how to cook, you don't know me. I do however know the beef industry and I do agree with you on certain points. Eliminating corn entirely from a cow's diet is not necessary or practical for most small producers. The "Organic beef grass fed only" is a way to make beef taste so bad that the AR activists win the war on anyone owning or raising animals for food. You obviously do not own cows, know anything about feed management or you would know cows prefer corn and would if left to their own devices founder themselves to death eating it above anything else.

BTW I would be known as a "free range organic beef producer." My cows spend their days roaming 50 acres of wooded pasture. I still have to supplement their feed with shucklage/silage or they would starve to death and then I would be one of those animal abusers.

Fabulous reading

The Omnivore’s Delusion: Against the Agri-intellectuals

http://www.american.com/archive/2009...-intellectuals