View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It was alright, I guess. First action officially within "today" was getting up at 4:00 AM to feed the Tinyfob. Then up again at 7:00, at which point she was wide awake but was nice enough to let me lay her in bed with me so I could snooze for another half hour or so before Minifob woke up.

Went to the grocery store with the kids, where the purchases included the food and cake for Minifob's birthday party on Saturday. The bakery people were able to do lettering on-the-spot, so the cake actually has his name on it. I'm also pleased because it's a carrot cake with little icing carrots all around the edge, which is cool because he's very much into bunnies and their typical accompanying food item right now.

During the short time when the naps overlapped, I fixed a few audio bugs that got assigned to me from work and cleaned the kitchen. This was a continuation of a week-long effort to make the house presentable for guests. My mom came by to visit after she got off work, and we went out for Mexican food. Then a guy from Craigslist came and bought the old TV, and he was a little upset when he realized he needed help getting it down the stairs and his only options were a woman in her 50s and one who had a baby six weeks ago. I assured him I was fine, and in the end had a much easier time maneuvering my half of the TV than he did. People don't understand that carrying/wrestling a 35-pound child around all day every day builds up some serious muscles. Then Miniob got a bath and put to bed with remarkably little fuss.

I just laid Tinyfob to sleep upright in her carseat for the night, because she's been screeching with gas pains all evening despite extensive burping and doses of Mylicon. She's not actually asleep yet, but with any luck she will be soon and then I'll be allowed to go to sleep myself, at least until somewhere between 2 and 4 in the morning.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote