View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Dec 26th, 2017: Everybody Poops

A biological fact, everybody poops.
Except political prisoners and those starving kids in Africa my mother told me about when I didn’t want to eat something.
But the people in Catalonia region of Spain/France, since the 17th century, feel it must be celebrated at Christmas.
Quote:
During Christmas, a large model of the city of Bethlehem is created along with the typical nativity scene with Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the Shepherds. But tucked away in a corner of the model is a little figurine of a defecating Catalan peasant. Originally, the Caganer was portrayed as a Catalan peasant wearing red stocking hat with a black band, but modern Caganers are often caricatures of famous people.

Quote:
It’s widely believed that the Caganer, by pooping, is fertilizing the Earth and thus promising a good harvest during the forthcoming year. Hence, it is a good omen. Another explanation is that the Caganer represents the equality of all people: regardless of status, race, or gender, everyone defecates.

Famous people to the Catalans (Catalonians?) includes not only political and entertainment stars, but popular sports figures from Spain.

link