View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I agree that idiot votes count, both the ones cast and the ones withheld.

I would joyously celebrate a win without passion, or with passion, or passion and a bag of chips. Never Trump is a win, Biden-Harris is a win, a win is a win and I'll be happy to have one.

As for turnout, I think any pick he made would have been a mixed bag. If Biden had picked Warren, there would have been trade offs there too. Two old white people, same ol' same ol'. Abrams, no experience in higher office or national experience. Rice, the same complaint you lodge against Harris, doubling down on foreign relations experience, but what else? I think Duckworth would have been an excellent choice, but again risking disaffecting the progressives. I think her military background would be even more compelling than Harris' background as a prosecutor. Though both of them have that law and order vibe--crossover appeal to "law and order" voters. Again, abstention is tantamount to voting for more Trump.

Are you arguing for the progressive position? I find many of their ideas very appealing. But none of them will ever see the light of day unless their proponents are elected. To govern, one must first be elected.