View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #1579
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh isn't it glorious out there, SG? It's lovely in the North too. I just took pilau for a walk through the field at the top of Blake hill (I posted a picture ofthe valley from that field a while ago, it's the one with all the dry stone walls) the grass is high and emerald green, with bright flashes of yellow, carpeted in places there are that many buttercups and dandelions, daisies and cowslip. The air is hot and still and heavy with the smell of flowers.

This morning I went to the Group meeting for the second part of our annual general meeting where we decide strategy for the first council meeting of the year... two minutes back in the job and I find myself at the centre of trouble and controversy again....about to break the group's line in council and vote against the group position. There's one other person voting with me. In theory they could withdraw the whip for it, but I doubt they'll try. We'll see.

Anyway, that's a tale for another day. The point is, the meeting is over, the dog is walked, I have a book I am enjoying reading and am about to pick up again (when I finish posting this!). I have a bottle of Peroni lager and a ready rolled smoke, no assignments hanging over me, and nowhere I have to be. I even got my act together last night and washed the pots, did a bit of a tidyup so its a pleasant house to sit in. The window is swung fully open and there are a variety of birds singing outside.

Basically I have the central components of my perfect Saturday afternoon. Glorious.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote