Thread: My Iowa Commute
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ok..here's my ride in:

1st things first: traffic and transit at the 2's. got in the car at exactly the right time this am....

2nd things 2nd. My d&d guy, Jay knows my voice..."Camcho!"...(what's up in his dialect) "maddama!" ( chillin, havin a bud) "eck large coffe, just cream, mirbonni(please)"...."come to window"......"Abar!, Comcho!" (thanks, bye!).

entering the Turnpike at the Morgantown exit:

on the turnpike:

ugh...traffic backed up 3 miles from the turnpike exit at valley forge is a bad sign....

just after getting off at Valley Forge.....this truck reminds me of rich levy for some reason:

down the schuylkill expressway we go...and traffic was much lighter than usual...a glimpse of boathouse row

closer to town...a cool old bridge:

a statue of someone....it's not william penn...he's in center city:

the phila zoo floats a balloon with a big girraffe on it. I assume they give rides...

center city looms:

i take 676 under it, haeding towards the delaware river, and the Ben Franklin Bridge:

the coolest mural at the bottom of the exit for 'the Ben':

this dude is like an old friend i see every day...even though i've never bought one of his pretzels or newspapers:

over the bridge we go:

cherry hill......is flat as a pancake:

on the ride home, there was buku traffic, but it provided an opportunity for me to get a few shots of the new comcast building with it's ever changing light show:
sorry about the zoom blur....but these were the best i got:

they actually are multi colored lights in a psychadelic pattern....first time i've seen it do that.....usually its some basic geometric figure of one color or the other...
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote