View Single Post
Old 04-26-2001, 09:28 AM   #9
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: Re: Re: What companies do you like?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Shepps
... The things that you can see will echo things that you can't see. That's what's frightening. How long did a pallet of milk sit on the dock on that summer day? ...
Milk is a benchmark I am very sensitive to. Too many Acme gallons of milk were bad before the expiration date. Redner's milk has remains good long after the expiration date. But then that is how responsible and empowered Redner employees appear to be.

I always seem to run out of milk and bread just the day before the big snow. Acme and Giant were completely sold out of milk the morning before. But Redners had plenty. Some days later I stumbled onto the diary area manager. He had watched the weather forecasts, saw the coming storm, and ordered a triple order of milk. That explains the comments I heard from one employee during the 'milk rush' (while standing in those long lines - every cash register was open) when he reported all milk was now moved to the shelf. They ordered in advance because at Redeners, the employees were empowered to make purchasing descisions.

Milk prematurely aging? I only seen it in stores that also sell that milk for a higher price - and did not have any milk or bread just before the big snow storm.

I don't care if they are NCRs of 1994 (which they are not) or the floor requires a broom. The food must be clean and good quality. Milk is an excellent benchmark of more empowered employees. The Acme in Lansdale quickly lost my business when the milk was spoiled the day I bought it. Another (name forgotten) when the Coke was bad. How can you sell bad Coke? All three 2 liter bottle were bad - but the store was clean.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote