View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sick 12yo Home Alone?

My boy is barfing, so no school for him tomorrow. But I'm scheduled to teach a (special schedule) class from 8:30-9:30, and it's the first one of a two week series of a "course" I created, so a sub would be even less productive than normal.

Daughter had it last Weds, she barfed at night then just slept the next day. He should be fine. But I really don't want to leave him, even though he's just as sensible as she is and is most likely just to sleep and I'm only a phonecall away (She's 16 months older and I left her for an hour or so and she slept the whole time -I woke her with the phonecall to check she was ok ) but I also really don't want to let my class down when he should be just fine. I hate it when this shit happens. But I think I'mm'a choose my son -is that over-cautious/protective? It probably is, but I think I should stay home.

We are under threat of a snow day tomorrow. Now I'm suddenly thinking that might not be such a bad thing, even if it is mid-April.