View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #78
MrVisible
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Should the White House listen to input from ex-pat editor of a major Iranian national newspaper on matters of Middle East policy? Yes, I think they should. Should they consider the motivations of people they listen to when evaluating what they say? Absolutely.
"Well, doc, you know... after you diagnosed me with testicular cancer for what turned out to be a zit, I had my doubts. Especially after all those office visits. Now I've got this rash, I'd like your opinion on it. But I'll have you know... I'm keeping my eye on you, by Jove."

Quote:
Would Molly Ivans meet your "worthiness" test for a White House meeting? By your standards for "lying"?
I don't know much about her. Why don't you explain to me why she shouldn't be trusted? Use examples, please. Her own words, now.

Quote:
How about Arafat?
Looks like you've got a lot of homework.

I made the case that Taheri lied, and I made it using the papers that published him, reliable sources, encyclopedia entries, politicians in positions to know all about the issue... etcetera. I'm bushed. If that's not enough to convince you that perhaps this man fabricated a story to further his own ends...

you're just not worth arguing with.

A guy's got to have his standards, after all.