View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #848
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was trying to be healthy.
I bought some fruit juice instead of soda. Yes, I know it's high in natural sugars, but as calories go it is usually better than fizzy pop vitamin wise.

It spilled.

Spilled its damn self all in my bag, which happens to be a beach bag, which I use as a handbag because I can tote around a paperback and little sample sizes of necessities in case I have another rush to hospital (yes, I'm paranoid).

Being a beach bag was good because it did not immediately leak onto the bus seat/ floor.
Being a beach bag was bad because it contained the sticky fruit fluid, and everything inside swam about in it for really quite a while before I realised and rescued it.
Everything inside was awash in sticky strawberry, lime and coconut.

My flash-drive-thingy (not very good with the names of these things) has dried out. My phone and purse (wallet) were in my pocket - phew! My charger is so far not working, but I had a spare.
My little bottle of Johnson's Baby Powder had to be binned.
As did the sodden spare pair of knickers.
And a library book was ruined.

What might be okay?
Well, the librarian suggested, sotto voice, that I could replace the book via eBay rather than pay the cover price.
I might be able to get it for as little as £3 in a pristine condition, as opposed to the new price of £7.

What's £4? A big difference. Send me £4 ($5.70) and I'll take a photo of all the toilet paper and cereal I can buy with it.