View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #36
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
From one so-called capable person to another, you're not alone. I also know those words don't really help us capable people, because the only thing that matters is our internal opinion of how we're doing... but it's all I've got right now. Sometimes the stuff just has to wait.
Seconded.

One thing I try to remind myself when i am in the midst of it, once I find myself ruminating in circles is that 'this is the wrong time to try to fix/sort out any major issues or lifestyle changes'. Itry to give myself permission to do the minimum and that be okay - it's like: okay, I am big and daft enough to deal with this stuff so why is it so hard? Because it just is right now. Right now in this moment, successfully getting dressed and having a wash is an achievement. This is what i am capable of right now and that is not a reflection of my overall capabilities.

I wouldn't beat myself up as a failure if I had a torn ligament and wasn't up to my usual level of walking. For some reason, just the way my brain works, every so often (very much on a cycle) I become temporarily less competent and able on basic shit and thats fine.

I try to remind myself of that every so often - I dont always listen to myself but sometimes it seems to help.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote