Thread: Cycling
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #71
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Guys, we had to put the money from taxes into family expenses and the bonus from my Uncle Sam fell through. I can't afford to buy a bike just yet.

Any of you old cyclists have a bike in the garage you would be willing to part with? I can't afford much and it will take me at least 20 months to save the money for the bike I want. I WILL NOT give up cycling for 20 months. I am using loaners right now and these guys will want their bikes back eventually. A friend of mine on post is letting me use a Cannondale Synapse from the Morale Welfare and Recreation department, I'm not sure how long this will last and I'm not complaining. I am currently putting 130 miles a week on the bike with a century a month. In the next week and 1/2 that will go up to 170 a week. What ever I get in the 20-25 month interim will have to stand up to at least that work load.

I'm also going to start shopping the pawn shops around the Fort Bragg area and see what I can find.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote