View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Lol. In my experience, the overwhelming majority of cars won't stop for a pedestrian.
Sad but true.

I can remember a number of times when I was on my way to the bus stop and had to wait at the intersection for the light to turn green and the crosswalk signal to indicate "go pedestrian go". Many, many times the driver moving in the same direction as me, but wanting to turn right across the crosswalk, would be waiting at the red light just as I was, and then when the coast was clear, turned right.

This only was a problem when the coast became clear at about the same time the light turned green/crosswalk said go. Because this driver would inevitably be looking over his left shoulder at (potentially) oncoming traffic, OBLIVIOUS to the pedestrians, IN THE CROSSWALK ON A GREEN LIGHT, as he began his right turn. Right over my toes.

Not really. I never got run over in the crosswalk. But four or five times it was close enough to touch the car with my hand, which I did as hard and loud as I could, every time I got the chance. A couple times I had the asshole driver stop his car (which he should have done before the crosswalk) but it never came to blows. Stupid, careless, thoughtless driving. Fuckers.