View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
kerosene
Touring the facilities

By statistics, do you mean divorce? Marriage is only one type of relationship. There are people out there that are with their SOs for years, but never marry. I think that is more common, now, than ever before. I am not trying to derail this thread, but I want to understand what you mean about relationships dieing.

I don't think it is necessarily true that communication is dieing or that people don't apologize, where they did before in relationships. I just don't buy it, I guess. Growing up watching my parents interact, there was a serious lack of communication. There weren't many "I love you"s or "Let's talk about our feelings" type discussions. I never witsnessed them holding hands or kissing. They are still together. Why? Because they had a different idea of what a marriage should be. I, on the other hand, have had far different experiences...and I have a different idea of what a marriage should be (for me, anyway). I want the "I love you"s and the feelings conversations. Neither one is better than the other. They're just different.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote