Thread: Cool Weapons
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #326
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
So, I've been getting into this martial/projectile frame of mind lately. Not sure what it is, last summer it was boat fever which I thankfully recovered from before suffering any lasting damage.

The other night I watched some sort of discovery channel thing about paleo/neo lithic weapons and such. So I figured that a fun thing to tinker with as part of my ongoing efforts at earning my black belt in procrastination, would be making some of these things.

Today I made a simple sling out of a scrap of leather and some 4mm climbing cord. I went out into the backyard and very gently, with my better shoulder, shot a walnut sized stone all the way across my yard, my neighbor's yard and up onto her corrugated steel roof. The fucking thing FLEW and when it hit it sounded like the hammers of hell. Glad no one lives there and glad I didn't put out a window. That would have sucked.

Check out this guy from Spain. the second video he is slinging a Cestros, it looks like a crossbow bolt.

Idle hands and all that...