Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #18
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Whoa BigV, What LJ said. I have avoided that generic thread for some resaon. Anyway, I can't believe they'd do that to you, of all people.

I'm a firm believer in improving one's lot through fateful changes in employment. As the pop star sings it:

"every new begining is some other new begining's end". So there you go.

But as for YOUR job search: I cannot overestimate the importance of reading and following the exercises in the book "what color is your parachute".

Get the most recent edition at the library or buy it. Read it and do the excercises in it. It is more helpful than a barrel of mothers–in–law.

Truth.

This also freaks me out, because I had projected upon you, in my mind, the status of poster child for responsible, stable employed person.

A lot of the dad's in Inchling's playgroup "do something with computers" (according to their wives, ha ha) A few do IT, anyway, they are routinely training Patel to do their jobs and then being sacked because they are unwilling to live in bombay and be paid .27 an hour and be greatful for it. Then they tell me that they are thinking of becoming carpenters.

I'm not sure what this means.

Keep the faith.