Thread: Ibby foodblogs
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
Ibby, if you want to start HRT, you will want to start a concurrent aspirin regimen. One 86 mg baby aspirin a day will do. But you WILL have to give up the cigs. My endo refused to write for me until I did. I quit that day after 26 years of a pack a day. I was a real bear for two weeks, but it was worth it.
We'll see. I only smoke three or four cigarettes a day so the doc here isn't saying she WON'T write me the rx, but she's cautioning me. same with my diet and high blood pressure. she's thinking of putting me on blood pressure drugs (at 21! jeez!)

Quote:
And, if I may suggest, cut WAY back on the beer and go with water or water-based beverages. My favorite is unsweetened tea, or perhaps iced tea made with Splenda (sucralose). Ad lots of it. I drink it or the like by the gallon.
I just bought a 100-pack of price chopper brand tea bags. I drink my tea so sweet that the stuff i get off the shelf just don't cut it (what can I say, I'm not a southern girl but my 'rents are Alabamian, I need my sweet tea). eight cups of water, eight tea bags, almost a cup of sugar. keeping it in a Carlo Rossi bottle in my fridge - think i'll make up another batch soon. some lemon juice, a pinch of cinnamon, a splash of jagermeister, boil me up a good gallon or two and keep it around. I used to drink a TON of Nestea in Taiwan - but it tastes like ASS in this country. Way better over there.

Quote:
My diet is appalling; I cannot process vegetables or spices, so I'm a meat-and-potatoes girl. I love bread and pizza. But I cut out the Tombstones (mostly) and went with homemade. Healthier, with a LOT less sodium. Pizzas can be quite healthy, if you choose your toppings carefully.
I'm too lazy to make my crusts from scratch, but I buy crusts and make lots of bagel pizzas. What I really love is getting Totinos "party pizzas" and then just adding a fuckton of good cheese and spices and herbs to make it a decent pizza.