View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #53
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

1. Yes, you'd move. Probably not much, though, even for a world champion farter. So it depends on how fast you consider "tootling" to be. Pee: Better, but still not great.

2. No idea.

3. I believe hydrogen bonding holds it together, while surface tension pulls it into a sphere. The pressure sensor would probably register something, based on the "pulling into a sphere", rather than the "holding together". Plus, assuming it is done in a spaceship, it would add in the air pressure around it.

Outside of a spaceship, it would simultaneously boil, outgas, and freeze, so it wouldn't hold together well, but there may be large clumps, which would then start evaporating (sublimating). A pressure sensor in one clump would register pressure, since water freezes from the outside in, and ice is larger than water, so assuming the sensor isn't actually exposed by a crack, it would be compressed by the ice's expansion during freezing.

4. It's all relative. You would move forward relative to the water, and move the water backward relative to you. The center of mass of you and the water combined would remain still. If the water blob is considerably heavier than you, you would appear to be swimming in it by an outside observer. I suspect, but do not know or certain, that if you stopped swimming, you would drift to the center as it resumed a spherical shape.

5. Presumably right where I left it, but I don't remember where that was.
|_______________| [pics]

Last edited by Happy Monkey; 12-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote