View Single Post
Old 06-03-2001, 12:33 PM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I think the First Lady IS capable of independent thought. She came out pro-choice during the campaign, which probably ticked everyone off.

Chelsea's blossoming during college turned her into an earthy hunk. I really would like to know her better and see whether she takes after her father or her mother. My guess is it's dad. Today's sunday magazine section in the Phila. Inquirer has a bit about Chris Matthews where he points out that Hillary uses the secret service to carry her bags at airports. That's so wrong. Hillary seems to have that sense of entitlement, a true armchair liberal, bent after power, where Bill is more earthy and real.

As far as the youngsters being "off message", they certainly are in action. Then-Gov. Bush signed "zero tolerance" Texas legislation that could earn Jenna jail time for her third alcohol offense. Salon Magazine conjectures that the latest offense might actually be her third; I think we would have heard much more about it if it was, but in any case, at most she's one strike away from up to 180 days in jail (!) under that state's law. If she was smart, she'd transfer away from the Texas party school to another state where she could drink on campus without much scrutiny.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote