View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #66
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The Waverley plies its paddly trade round Holy Isle, which is a Bhuddist retreat these days. It doesn't stop there, although they do allow day visitors with only minor restrictions.
It's worth seeing the isle closer than you do from the shore.
Name:  DSCN1744.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  131.0 KB

I wish I'd taken my mini binoculars (found them on the side in the kitchen when I got back). They're really just pastel pink opera glasses, bought to perve over David Tennant and John Barrowman on stage. But they may have helped me make sense of the sporadic and hard to hear commentary. Limey assures me that the herd of wild zombies was more likely to be ponies.

The machinery. I didn't even notice the dolphins until Limey pointed them out. When you see how the ?pistons? rise up and down in a circular motion it really does put you in mind of them though. And it was warm in there...
Name:  DSCN1731.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  127.2 KB

It was a pleasure to be out on the water anyway. Even if the weather turned on us (it did, and SO quickly!)
Name:  DSCN1718.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  101.9 KB

And always a pleasure to be in such good company.
Yes, this shot was slightly posed. But not in a tribute to Titanic way. It was a spontaneous expression I asked them to hold while I took a photo. It filled me with love and hope that I'm not unloveable.
Name:  DSCN1741.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  127.1 KB