View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #42
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
~ no ~

From what I read, burning wood and dung is probably carbon-neutral (depending on what you do with the forests to get that wood; historically, we just cut it all down) but creates more pollutants, which make life unlivable locally. And creates airborne black carbon soot which harms, amongst other things, the Arctic ice and which many people consider responsible for a good bit of climate change too. It's not sustainable for 7 Billion people.
Wouldn't happen because at least the country would starve to death before that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
"I've had horses with the hay pitching and shit shoveling that goes with it. Done plenty of walking too... uphill both ways some times."

Me too, then and now.

Me: I enjoy the effort.

*shrug*

No worries, Bruce, there's never gonna be a 'night watchman' or a Golgothan-style anarchy in America.

Far too many want to be governed (regulated & directed) and far too many are more than happy to govern (regulate & direct).

No, your future is secure...you'll be well-tended to, provided for, sheltered, insulated, 'educated & entertained'.

Good on you.
I'm not worrying about that happening here, I was just thinking about what it would be like in your minarchy. I ain't scart.