View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #1544
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Which features matter?
Definition and range. Common specs are 12MP and 1080p.

You can drop the definition right down in steps on mine which is helpful if you wish to conserve battery power but at the bottom end of the scale it's more for gathering evidence of what might be raiding your vegetable patch overnight than serious observation.

Range on mine is said to be up to 65ft and I've no reason to dispute that, in fact it might be a little more.

As mentioned earlier, most examples seem to be 'badge engineered' and will have the ability to vary sensitivity and the number of photos taken at a particular activation.

I tend to keep my camera set on the highest definition and sensitivity which can result in excess of a hundred photos overnight.

If you can place the camera in a convenient position vis a vis a mains electricity supply, it might be worth your while buying a plug in power unit.

Check to see if your chosen model has the necessary socket before you commit $ to the ether.

That's all I can think of at the minute but please feel free to ask if there's anything else I can help you with.

BTW The manual, as is to be expected, is a bit of a puzzle but operating the unit is pretty much intuitive.

One more thing. You'll probably have to buy a memory card separately.