View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #66
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

DeRegistered Lobbyists Start New Firm

Warning Redux! Partisan Source!

[quote]Citing what its founders call a "volatile climate for lobbyists," K Street Research opened shop today in hopes of helping clients with policy and research needs while lowering their lobbying disclosure numbers.

According Brien Bonneville,(pictured at right) the new firm's vice president, lobbying disclosure totals are often inflated because it's hard for lobbying firms to distinguish how much of their fees go to lobbying and how much go to other consulting services, such as policy advice and research. Bonneville and Larry Mitchell, (pictured below) the firm's president and chief operating officer, decided to depart their lobbying posts at KSCW to create a non-lobby shop just for those functions.

"We don't have to wear the 'Scarlet L' anymore," Bonneville said. "A number of corporations have needs outside of lobbying and we wanted to exploit that."

Bonneville said his main gripe with last year's new lobbying rules is that lobbyists cannot serve in the administration. After arriving in Washington two and a half years ago hoping to make a career out of lobbying, "now I can't say it's a career path I want to go down," he said. "It just sparked my mind into thinking of new avenues for my skill set and how to serve companies that don't want to be deemed evil."

continues:
http://undertheinfluence.nationaljou...ts-start-n.php