View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

(in my opinion) self reflection is a good thing. I know a lot of stuff, and one of the most prominent things I know is how much I don't know. I question myself, my views, my opinions, what I think I know. I incorporate into this reflection what I learn throughout my days, comparing what I hear and read to what I see and have seen. This is a continuous process and sometimes my beliefs are strengthened, sometimes not.

I very rarely reject new information out of hand, though in some cases I can evaluate the new information quickly.

My world view is not only not the only world view for sane, right thinking, moral individuals, my world view *today* is different from the world view of *this* sane, right thinking, moral individual as of yesterday.

Self reflection is more than just a good thing. It is a sign of life. To stop learning, even, no, especially about oneself, is to stop growing. When I stop growing, I will have started dying. And to paraphrase the great Peggy Lee, I'm not ready for that final disappointment.