View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 10:34 PM   #33
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by hermit22

Hey, why don't you actually read my post? I said in two separate posts that the term extremism is the most appropriate.
I did read it, including the place where you said callling it "Islamic extremism" "has it's own problems", which gives you an out to blow it off later, when it too becomes inconvenient.

In fact, it would probably be much safer for you to not name it at all, and instead to handwave in the direction of the Palestinian red herring, and not have anyone point out the stated objective of the "extremists": to impose their religion on everyone, by force, while offering that religion as the justification for what they do. Personally, I think "extremist" fails to capture how vile that is.

Of course that's not how all--even <i>most</i>--Islamic scholars interpret the Quran. But that's not the point....there's a lot of Christians who'd like to divorce themselves from other folks who style themselves Christian, too.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote