View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 06:33 AM   #66
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Rucita
1.- We yet knew in 1991 Saddam was a dictator, and its regime was killing a lot of inocent people in Iraq... Taken your reasons, if we declared war to Iraq in 1991, and didn't stop in Kuwait border, then we have avoided a thousand lifes. Then why dind't we act into Iraq at that time?
From what former President Bush has said, at the time, Iraq was not the main concern--liberating Kuwait was the main concern. And once that was done, that was it.

I share your sentiments about the other countries, which is one of the reasons why I do not support this war.

Quote:
Off it, I'm interessting to knwo what do you think about Spanish President, José María Aznar.
Truth be told, I knew nothing of him until recently. Actually, I don't know much about Spain at all. I mean, I know some stuff (ETA, Catalonia, the Spanish conquests in North America, a little about Franco), but beyond that, not much.

I always find it amazing...people in other lands know quite a bit about the US, but we don't know much about those other lands. I'm working on it though...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote