Thread: Workkin' Out!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
queequeger
Hypercharismatic Telepathical Knight

Does everyone here do full body workouts every day?

I work one or two muscle groups a day, usually 4-6 exercises per group, and either 3 or 6 sets per exercise.

For instance, yesterday I did chest heavy, so I did 3 sets each of bench press, incline press, decline press, free weight butterflies, machine butterflies, and machine bench press.

Today (if I have time, got lots of crap to do) I'll be doing biceps and triceps light, so probably 6 sets each (with rest only after the 3rd set) of standing curls, prayer bench hammer curls, machine rope curls and machine prayer curls. For the triceps I'll do standing arm extensions (that's a guess, not sure what they're really called), close grip bench press, prayer bench pulldowns, and machine rope pulldowns.

Heavy weights, I do 3 sets of 70%, 80% and 90% of maximum weight (which, for bench press is about 170 on a good day) with a minute or two between sets.

Light weights is more of a circuit thing, with six sets at 60, 70, 80, 80, 70, 60 and I break once at the top for 2 minutes, no breaks between exercises.

If I've got time I'll do 30 minutes on an elliptical, and I try (though, over the last two weeks I've been horrible about it) to run a few miles every morning, or go swimming at lunch. My cardio doesn't really cross over into regular working out, though, usually more like 2-4 times a week.