View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #27
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
...I frikken love this guy. I must have watched about 2 hours worth of short videos, and have yet to find one I haven't found interesting and thought provoking.

here are a few examples of his stuff:

About mistakes people make prepping for disaster survival...

...More recently, about looting and state response in the wake of the hurricane...
Nice thread here DanaC.

Great info overall. For the majority of my adult life I've been living short term at a given place, then moving on. Short term - move, Short term - move. For years. I'm good at it when most others are not.

It doesn't make me sad either. Moving.

So, when the subjects are taking care of yourself, preparing for situations that are beyond your control, and surviving those situations in reasonable comfort short term, I'm paying attention.

I completely agree with the notion that just having guns is not going to get you through the crisis. And that one is none. Two is one. And many other ideas shared in the videos.

It's also great to read your enthusiasm for the whole idea of prepping. That you don't need to be preparing for the coming communist invasion to benefit from these suggestions. Natural disasters are a very real reason to take some time and effort in preparing.

I'll also share a little gem free of charge from my little group of roaming contractors that I've never seen online.

Rice and dry dog food.

Shortly after I move in, there's a big bag of both somewhere in my crashpad.

Much cheaper than the freeze dried Mountain house stored food and something to give out in a time of great hunger. First the rice, then the dog food. Not exactly FEMA rations but if you're hungry...

At the end of the contract, there's always a nice dog nearby I can gift the dry food and rice to.

Cheap insurance.

Good channels to watch. Nice thread!
slang is offline   Reply With Quote