Thread: Train Show
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #10
BardoXV
B.O.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
The show I went to was open to pubic. You can buy tickets to enter. So, it's probably not a TCA show. Sadly, I can't seem to find my pictures. I have a fear that I may have lost them. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Lego was there with their trains too. I have a few Lego train sets too. While I was there, I was looking for the N-gauge table but had to leave before I was able to locate it. Either that or I passed it without realizing it.

Do you have your own collections too or do you just sell?
Some TCA shows are open to the public, at least part of the time, this particular on has remained closed.

At a train show many dealers have trains of several sizes as I do, I'm not sure there would be a specific table for 'N' scale.

My own trains are HO scale focusing on the B&O RR from Cumberland Md. to Connellsville Pa. there will be selected scenes from that section of the B&O, plus a section devoted to a harbor scene. Currently I have one loop of track on a shelf around the outside of the attic. Progress stopped when the boards shrank due to the weather over the winter and the track developed several kinks on the long straight sections. This summer the plan is to seal the wood with Linseed oil and then continue building, sealing the wood as I go.

I have been involved with model trains all my life, and for 11 years I owned a hobby shop that sold trains as well as other hobby materials. But this is the first time I've had a room that I can use for trains, that is really well suited to the purpose. To that end I specified to the builder that there were to be no plumbing vents running straight up through the attic, they were run through the floor and then up through the walls, and that applied to anything else that might be placed in the attic, including the heat pipes, I have a smooth floor with no duct work in the attic.
BardoXV is offline   Reply With Quote