View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

November 10, 2008: Cellar Lamborghini

17 years ago, Wisconsin resident Ken Imhoff saw the movie Cannonball Run, and fell in love with the Lamborghini. So he began assembling one in his cellar. Maybe the problem never occurred to him, or maybe he figured he'd never finish it anyway (it did take him 17 years, after all,) but he eventually had to confront the critical issue: how does one get a fully-assembled car out of one's basement?

Well, you hire an excavator to dig up the lawn and rip out the foundation of your house, that's what you do. It is a Lamborghini, after all.

The effort was well worth it, Mr. Imhoff reported. "I was like an expectant father watching it come through the wall. I was literally shaking and running the supposed plan over and over in my head. 'Have I overlooked anything? Is some of the wall going to fall on my work of seventeen years?'

"The neighbours started gathering around as it emerged, waiting for me to remove the blankets. It was like an artist unwrapping his masterpiece. I had never seen it in the light of day either.

"As the last blanket and car cover were removed I knew at that moment I had accomplished what I had dreamed about so many years ago and to see it sitting there in front of me was surreal.

"The next day we filled the hole in the basement with new blocks. In no time it was good as new."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote