View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #42
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Onyx, thanks...good to be back.

Wolf: right on! You said it much better than I could have (in re rehab of sex offenders)

SM: You said it much better than I could have...all of it. I tend to come across a little strongly to people who don't know me, or know how I debate. If I argue a point, I argue it from one side, because I've already looked at all the options and information and made my decision, and then argue from there. I sometimes---ok, I USUALLY--tend to forget to explain how I got to where I am...it's forgetting those little details that just smacks me in the back of the head. I looked at things from a utilitarian point of view for a long time, but, believe it or not, I've become more moderate since college.

Justice, to me, does not have to be exclusive of revenge. It is justice that one who takes the life of another, in cold blood, should pay life for life. The murdered person will never get a second chance. Why should the person who took that life, destroying the lives of not only the individual, but their family and friends as well, get one?

And if prisons were self-sufficient, I probably wouldn't have such a problem with it. But I resent having to pay to take care of people who would kill me with indifference if it suited their purpose...or who would rape and kill my daughter because they get off on little kids.

Some people just need to be recycled, you know?

....soylent green is peeeeeeeeeople......(sorry, couldn't resist)

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote