View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #65
freshnesschronic
Professor

I don't think I'm trying to redefine the word racism. Heck the first recorded racism probably happened between Ancient Egypt and the Nubians.

I'm here to discuss and explain as best what I know based off my life experiences, no one can discredit me on that.

Let me share one story before I leave for the rest of the day.

I remember two years ago or so I was inside my Jewel Osco (grocery store) and looking at the magazines. Specifically the video game and computer gaming magazines. An elderly white lady past behind me and stopped to my left. She gazed around for a second then said abruptly "isn't it awful how they can put that crap on shelves? I can't believe they allow those people to do that." She was obviously referring to the hip hop and import car magazines slightly below the gaming magazines I was looking at (she thought I was looking at those mags). I wasn't expecting her to have said anything and her statement was a bit off, to me at least, so I was like "uh...eh" and didn't say anything as I didn't even really know how to react. She then looked at me with a disapproving frown and said "Oh, you don't speak English do you."

Have you ever experienced such a high level of racism that you can't even comprehend it? I was so amazed that she said this. My eyes widened and I stuttered, "I, I, what? I speak English....." I was at a total loss of words because I could not believe what had just happened. My friends were like "dude I woulda slapped that bitch" after I told them. My white friends were like "that's fucked up" too.

I am certainly not here to degrade white people, if anyone has assumed of me of that is mistaken. I am here to share what I know and my feelings on subjects and issues and I am sorry if they anger some of you. But at the end of the day I am going to be who I am. I am trying to bring some diversity to this board, because my experiences definitely do not match up with many of yours and vice versa. But isn't that a good thing?
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote