View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #42
sandypossum
tri-continental dag hag

I live in rural Australia and things move slowly here. If I try to rush about and get people to tell me what they know about it, it just won't work. As I previously mentioned, I can't ask the last owner of this place as she is still suffering a sort of post traumatic stress at having had to leave this place and - even though it had nothing to do with us, we just bought the place - whenever I see her, her face freezes with a smile and then she flees, so I think I'd be pushing things if I asked about the stones, as it could indeed be something she, or her greater family, did here. I plan to suss it out with our neighbours and those of her friends that I know. I've already asked two lots of neighbours (and bear in mind that our neighbours are not all THAT close geographically) and they knew nothing of it. I considered getting the local newspaper to take a photo and ask in an article if anyone knew about them, but my worries about the last owner again make me hesitant.

Rest assured that I shall most definitely post a message as soon as I find out anything at all!